[Dovecot] MBox path

Rick bigsaspood at kriocoudek.mailexpire.com
Tue Oct 17 09:03:20 UTC 2006

Hi,

I'm having great difficulty pointing Dovecot to my MBox files. They are
all in /var/spool/mail/username as textfiles.. not directories.

So my guess was:

default_mail_env = /var/spool/mail/%u

Since %u is user. If the user is "server" I would expect it to go
to /var/spool/mail/server exactly what I want. But it
doesn't /var/spool/mail///home/server.

If I create the directory home in /var/spool/mail and make a symlink of
the username pointing to /var/spool/mail it does work. But that's a very
dirty workaround I rather not use, also because we have a lot of users..
a lot of symlinks.

If I set default_mail_env = /var/spool/mail, it also searches
for /var/spool/mail///home/server.

I feel like I've tried everything. What am I doing wrong?

I'm using version 1.0.beta8, included in Fedora Core 5.

Thanks,

Rick