[Dovecot] master/config/log/login rewrite

Brian T Glenn glenn-dovecot at delink.net
Tue Oct 17 12:45:22 UTC 2006

On Sun, Oct 15, 2006 at 04:49:31PM +0300, Timo Sirainen may have written:
> On Sun, 2006-10-15 at 09:37 -0400, Brian T Glenn wrote:
> > > Now, I wonder if I still should try to get the login process bugs fixed
> > > from the old code tree, or just forget about that and use the rewrite..
> >
> > Personally, I would really like to be able to bind dovecot to a single
> > IP address, so I would be in favor of the change.
>
> To just a single IP address? This is already possible:
>
> listen = 1.2.3.4

I apologize. This should have been more specific. I would like to listen
to a single public IP on the system as well as localhost.

> > That being said, would you (Timo) be willing to provide a patch/separate
> > branch with this functionality in place?
>
> I think I'll just put it to CVS HEAD once it's fully working. I could
> give a link to a tarball of it, but it's missing some features now (like
> I think only mbox code is working).

Well, without maildir, I wouldn't be able to use it. Once it is in CVS
HEAD, I would be happy to test it.

Thanks!
--
http://www.delink.net/
If you want a language that doesn't believe in type checking at all, except