[Dovecot] 1.0.rc10 released

Richard Laager rlaager at wiktel.com
Tue Oct 17 21:49:04 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-10-17 at 13:25 -0500, Logan Shaw wrote:
> On Tue, 17 Oct 2006, Noel Jones wrote:
> > On 10/17/06, Geert Hendrickx <ghen at telenet.be> wrote:
> >> On *BSD you can also use find -X which properly quotes the results.
> >
> > Nope, find -X skips files with strange characters. find -print0 |
> > xargs -0 is the proper solution.
> > $ man find

>      find . -type f -name '*whatever*' -exec rm '{}' '+'

Yes, but as already mentioned, this has the bad side effect of fork()ing
one rm process per file, which is really inefficient.

It seems to me that if you want to delete files, you should use -delete,
otherwise you should use -print0 | xargs -0 (if the command you're
running works with multiple arguments), otherwise you should use -exec.

Richard