[Dovecot] Problem with rc10

Steven F Siirila sfs at tc.umn.edu
Wed Oct 18 01:56:48 UTC 2006

On Tue, Oct 17, 2006 at 05:19:40PM -0500, Steven F Siirila wrote:
> I just upgraded our test server from rc6 to rc10...
	.
	.
	.

> ISSUE #2
>
> After upgrading, messages cannot be moved from the INBOX to a folder.
> Thunderbird claims there was an internal error and to consule the server
> logs, but I see nothing in the dovecot logs that would indicate what's
> going on.  For example, I attempted to move a message into my Trash folder
> which did not currently have any index files.  Here is a Solaris truss
> output of that attempt:
	.
	.
	.
I believe I have at least found part of the problem.  It seems that RC10
makes an assumption in at least parts of the code that the index files
exist for a given folder.  In my environment, they only get created if
they are > 128KB (mbox_min_index_size = 128).  When I commented this out,
I was able to copy/move messages to alternate folders...

At this point I'm not sure if the other problem with corrupted index files
is related or not.

--

Steven F. Siirila			Office: Lind Hall, Room 130B
Internet Services			E-mail: sfs at umn.edu
Office of Information Technology	Voice: (612) 626-0244
University of Minnesota			Fax: (612) 626-7593