[Dovecot] Dovecot-compatible web-based sieve configurator

Peter Fern dovecot at obfusc8.org
Wed Oct 18 04:06:51 UTC 2006

Koen Vermeer wrote:
> Does anyone
> know of a web-based sieve configurator that works with the dovecot
> implementation? I haven't been able to find one yet...

I use Horde Ingo (along with IMP, etc to provide groupware) with an FTP
VFS backend to upload the generated script.  This does mean that updates
to filters are slow since it has to initiate an FTP connection, and it
also means you need an FTP server with access to the user's homedir.
That said, it does work quite well, and if you decide to go that route,
I can post the relevant backend section from the ingo config.

I am however eagerly awaiting the managesieve addition to dovecot which
will open up sieve on dovecot to a large selection of clients.

Cheers,
Pete