[Dovecot] Assertin failed on mbox after upgrade to 1.0rc10 [Was : Re: Urgent - Inconsistent Inboxes]

Jakob Curdes jc at info-systems.de
Thu Oct 19 08:41:33 UTC 2006

Now I upgraded my 0.99.14 server to 1.0rc10 and just what I feared has
happened :

dovecot: Oct 19 09:06:05 Error: IMAP(oekov): file mbox-sync-rewrite.c:
line 405 (mbox_sync_read_and_move): assertion failed: (need_space ==
(uoff_t)-mails[idx].space)

on one mailbox; regerdless of the client (TB or OE). I looked into the
Mailbox but cannot find anything special at a glance.
In the mailing list I find this error only witzh a CVS version over a
year old.

Any hints ?

Yours, JC