[Dovecot] "Real" users AND Virtual users

Muhamad A. Martoprawiro muhamad at chem.itb.ac.id
Wed Oct 25 12:00:38 UTC 2006

----- Odhiambo WASHINGTON <odhiambo.raburu at wananchi.com> wrote:
> Use something like this (I use FreeBSD, hence master.passwd):
>
>   passdb pam {
>        args = *
>              }
>   userdb passwd {
>        args = /etc/master.passwd
>              }
>   passdb sql {
>         args = /etc/dovecot-mysql.conf
>              }
>   userdb sql {
>         args = /etc/dovecot-mysql.conf
>              }

Thanks a lot, Wash.
So, now I can login as real users as well as virtual users.
However, there is still a problem with the mailboxes.

If I use the following in dovecot.conf:

  default_mail_env = maildir:%h/Maildir
  default_mail_env = maildir:/usr/local/virtual/%u/

I can not access mails in real users' mailbox, only
virtual users can. If I commented the second line:

  default_mail_env = maildir:%h/Maildir
#  default_mail_env = maildir:/usr/local/virtual/%u/

I can access mails in real users mailbox (for example,
via Squirrelmail), but I cannot access virtual users' mail.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks.

Muhamad