[Dovecot] "Real" users AND Virtual users

Brian T Glenn glenn-dovecot at delink.net
Wed Oct 25 13:30:59 UTC 2006

On Wed, Oct 25, 2006 at 01:38:51AM +0700, Muhamad A. Martoprawiro may have written:

> But, again, how to accept both kind of users?
> I use Postfix as mail server, and use LDAP/PAM
> for real users that have home-directory on the system.

Why not make your virtual users LDAP users also? The objectClass
posixAccount is what makes a user a system user by default, so just
leave that out of your virtual users. I force the uid and gid to a
certain user called "vmail" which has no shell and no login privileges.
This user then keeps all the homedirs and Maildirs for my virtual users.

This seems far simpler than trying to manage users in both mysql and
ldap.

Enjoy,
--
http://www.delink.net/
"It's almost like there's a record full of incomprehensible bullshit playing in