[Dovecot] Unsolved : mbox-sync-rewrite.c : assertion failed

Dalvenjah FoxFire dalvenjah at DAL.NET
Thu Oct 26 08:38:26 UTC 2006

Same here -- segfaults with the patch. I tried an strace on the child
imap processes, but keep getting permission denied (even as root). I
turned on debugging but no luck. I went ahead and reverted to the
code from before the patch.

Oddly enough after I reverted, one of the mailboxes that caused the
assert failures before the patch no longer appears to be causing the
assert failure; this is an mbox file that got used (and possibly
rewritten or fixed?) with the after-patch code. Another mbox file
that didn't get used with the patched code is still throwing the
assert failures.

Is there anything else I can do or send to help debug?

Thanks,

-dalvenjah