[Dovecot] dovecot auth + postifx: how to disable PLAIN and LOGIN without TLS?

Lev Serebryakov lev at serebryakov.spb.ru
Sun Oct 29 07:36:46 UTC 2006

Hello dovecot,

 I want to have all authorization in one place and don't use Cyrus-SASL. I cobfigure postfix 2.3.3 to use dovecot-SASL. I have next lines in main.cf:

smtpd_sasl_security_options = noplaintext,noanonymous
smtpd_sasl_tls_security_options = noanonymous

  But PLAIN and LOGIN are advertised by postfix :(

  Is it bug of postfix or dovecot-auth?

  I don't want to disable these mechanisms in auth {} stanza of dovecot.conf, because they are Ok over SSL/TLS. It works for dovecot-pop3 and dovecot-imap, but not for postfix :(

  postfix 2.3.3, dovecot 1.0rc10.

--
Best regards,
 Lev                          mailto:lev at serebryakov.spb.ru