No subject

Sat Oct 7 20:41:49 UTC 2006

log_path =
    Use this logfile instead of syslog(). /dev/stderr can be used if you want to use stderr for logging (ONLY /dev/stderr - otherwise it is closed).
(I dont understand the above references to the use of stderr)

info_log_path =
    For informational messages, use this logfile instead of the default
(What exactly is an informational message, and what is the default?)

Can I selectively suppress logging like:

Feb  5 11:52:15 ls1 imap(iamelel): File isn't in mbox format: /gfg0/iamelel//claudia/ligplot/NQ10/ligplot.bonds

Or do I have to turn off logging entirely?

Thanks,
Terry.