[Dovecot] imap fails, policy wrong?

rob at adeed.tele.com rob at adeed.tele.com
Sat Sep 2 09:02:52 EEST 2006

up until a week or so ago, I had no problem using IMAP logging into a server
running Fedora Core (I think 4 or 5 ) with dovecot 1.0.  Had used squirrelmail
and other mail agents using IMAP with no problem.  as of 2 days ago, I
get a squirrelmail error "ERROR: Connection dropped by IMAP server.
Query: CAPABILITY"   and turning on dovecot debugging shows the following:

audit(1157176740.621:14111): avc:  denied  { search } for  pid=9431 comm="doveco
t" name="rob" dev=dm-0 ino=23560377 scontext=user_u:system_r:dovecot_t:s0 tconte
xt=user_u:object_r:httpd_sys_content_t:s0 tclass=dir

can someone point me in the right direction?  apologies if this doesn't contain
enough info, will try to get more if necesssary, thanks in advance.

(incidentally, the simpler dovecot error message says it can't chdir to
my $HOME or its parent, but I see no problem with perms or ownership. )

Rob Lingelbach
rob at colorist.org