[Dovecot] fd leak in 1.0rc7?

Quentin Garnier cube at cubidou.net
Mon Sep 4 02:23:55 EEST 2006

Hi,

I just upgraded a 0.99 installation to 1.0rc7 (going from mbox to
maildir along the way, but that's another story), and I'm seeing a
rather fast fd quick;  I already had to restart dovecot once, after a
few hours.

What is leaked are pipes, left open on the master dovecot process while
the other end is long gone.  I can't tell right now if it happens for
every single login process spawned (either pop3 or imap), but at least
a lot of them.

FWIW, I'm running dovecot 1.0rc7 on NetBSD 2.0.3_STABLE.  I'll try
debugging tomorrow, but if anyone has an idea what happens in the
meantime, I'm all hears.

--
Quentin Garnier - cube at cubidou.net - cube at NetBSD.org