[Dovecot] rc7 bug? [Was: deliver LDA and INBOX location] (fwd)

Tapio Sokura oh2kku at iki.fi
Tue Sep 5 17:49:40 EEST 2006

Quoting David Lee <t.d.lee at durham.ac.uk>:
> Anyone had any thoughts on the item below?

I see you have stumbled upon the same problem that prompted me to
subscribe to this list. I'm running rc7 as well and the deliver LDA is
ignoring default_mail_env. As a workaround I have now explicitly
specified each user's home directory in userdb, but it would be
cleaner if the default could be used.

I didn't look far into the dovecot code, but from what I peeked it
looks like deliver/auth-client.c bails out at function
auth_parse_input, if it doesn't receive a home directory from the
userdb. No provisions there for checking default_mail_env. Or maybe
I'm looking at the wrong place..

   Tapio