[Dovecot] quota plugin feature request

Michael Tibben sysadmin at webdock.com.au
Fri Sep 8 04:09:27 EEST 2006

Hi am having an issue with the quota plugin

To reproduce:
  - have a mailbox close to its quota limit (say 10 MB), and a large
email in the inbox (say 6 MB)
  - use Squirrelmail or Thunderbird to delete the email

The operation fails, as by default the email client seems to try and
copy the message into the Trash before deleting it from the inbox, and
dovecot will correctly deny the copy operation as the quota will be
exceeded if the message is copied...

Because of this, I am wondering if it is possible to have an option for
the quota plugin to track, but not enforce the quota.  This is because I
don't require quota enforcement on IMAP operations, as Postfix will
enforce quota on incoming mail anyway.

Attached is a quick hack job I did on the plugin to strip out the
enforcing functionality, but it would be great if this could be a
configurable option..

Thanks

Michael