[Dovecot] Corrupt mbox folders after migration from uw-imap

Ian Mortimer ian at physics.uq.edu.au
Wed Sep 13 02:22:10 EEST 2006

On Tue, 2006-09-12 at 15:59 -0700, Frank Cusack wrote:

> That sounds suspicious.  Are you sure that the clock on the NFS server
> and on the mail frontend are in sync?

Yes, ntpd is running (and working properly) on both.

All the problem messages I've discovered so far (the ones causing
corruption) were received prior to the change to dovecot. So it looks
(so far) like dovecot is not responsible for the suspect messages:
maybe it's just less tolerant than uw-imap.

As far as I can tell the suspect messages only cause problems when the
top (oldest) message in the folder is deleted.  Not sure if later
versions of dovecot might handle that better.

--
Ian