[Dovecot] Corrupt mbox folders after migration from uw-imap

Ian Mortimer ian at physics.uq.edu.au
Thu Sep 14 02:16:59 EEST 2006

I managed to create the simplest possible folder that shows the problem.
It has just two messages in it.  If I delete the top message the
first 6 characters (From .) get removed from the From line of the next
message leaving the folder corrupt.

This is on RHEL4 x86_64, so before posting it to bugzilla I decided to
test it on RHEL4 i386 with the save dovecot version:
dovecot-0.99.11-4.EL4.

This time, no corruption of the inbox when the first message is deleted.

So I tested another problem folder and got the same result:
corruption on 64 bit, no corruption on 32 bit.
Posted as Bugzilla Bug 206376

--
Ian