[Dovecot] Migrating from uw-imapd to dovecot

Anne Hammond hammond at txcorp.com
Thu Sep 14 12:35:56 EEST 2006

We recently switch from up-imapd to dovecot
But many users are reporting that they cannot access certain mail folders.

The log file has:
imap(dws): Sep 14 00:06:19 Error: File isn't in mbox format:
/home/research/dws/mail/TaskDL

The files in the logs are "MBX mail folders", not "ASCII English
text" as are the folders that can be read under Outlook.

Can anyone tell me how to fix this? This is a serious problem in
switching.

I've read the FAQ and documentation but it doesn't speak to this
specific problem.

Thanks in advance,
Anne Hammond
Tech-X Corporation