[Dovecot] Corrupt mbox folders after migration from uw-imap

FiL @ Kpoxa FiL at kpoxa.org
Thu Sep 14 23:30:37 EEST 2006

Hello,

 I know this is agains mbox standard, but the problem is that I have
over 100Gb of mail in mbox format, that IS working now.
It was working under uw-imap, it was working under dovecot 0.99. And
when I tried to switch over to dovecot 1.0 - boom.
Not working. Am not sure why do I have this From_ lines in these mboxes.
It's possible that I have them there from the time
our mail was on VAX machine. But again, is that right to make a new
version of some software that doesn't work with the data
from the older (not much older, just previous) version of the program?
Shouldn't that be the part of the 1.0 code, that will rewrite
bad From_ lines to the right ones? Not because this is the right way to
deal with "bad" data, but just because this is the upgrada of
something, that WAS WORKING.

FiL