[Dovecot] Problem with pop3 login

Erick Perez eaperezh at gmail.com
Fri Sep 15 18:20:21 EEST 2006

Hi,
Im using dovecot version 0.99.11 and I'm facing a situation with one
pop3 client.

This is a fax application (faxmaker for windows) written by a third
party that tries to login to the dovecot as USER username at domain. When
the application tries to login that way, my dovecot rejects the auth.
All the other pop3 clients (outlook, eudora,etc) in the system log in
correctly because they do just USER username.

The only failures related to the login (and I have debug enabled in
dovecot) are:
Sep 15 15:17:57 mail pop3-login: Aborted login [ipaddress]

How ca I tell dovecot to ignore the domain part for that user? I am
not using virtual support.

Thanks,

Erick Perez
Panama Sistemas
Integradores de Telefonia IP y Soluciones Para Centros de Datos
Panama, Republica de Panama
Cel Panama. +(507) 6694-4780