[Dovecot] SSL_accept failed

Timothy Martin tim at talking-dog.com
Fri Sep 15 19:45:27 EEST 2006

On Sep 15, 2006, at 9:11am, Morgan Nightbear wrote:

> On Sep 15, 2006, at 12:01 PM, Timothy Martin wrote:
>
>> Morgan,
>>
>> I looked at your server (amethyst) using "openssl s_client" and
>> compared it to mine, and they appear exactly the same. Is that the
>> server to which you connect with Apple Mail successfully?
>>
>> FYI: my server is running FreeBSD 4.11 (if it matters)
>
> It's one of a few that I use. And I've built dovecot using openssl
> 0.9.8.

OpenSSL 0.9.7c-p1

>> I don't even get to this point. I don't get the cert warning
>> dialog with my dovecot server (i do for courier) -- the activity
>> window just shows it trying to synchronize for a very long time
>> with no success.
>
> What message do you have in the log file related to your attempted
> connection?

dovecot: Sep 14 23:18:05 Warning: imap-login: SSL_accept() syscall
failed: EOF [<client-ip>]
dovecot: Sep 14 23:21:05 Info: imap-login: Disconnected: Inactivity:
rip=<client-ip>, lip=<server-ip>, TLS handshake

> Did you get a certificate warning when trying to connect to my server?

With Apple Mail? I just tried, and yes. The standard warning i
normally get with other servers. But this doesn't happen for my own
server...

.tim