[Dovecot] Dovecot using authsasld

/dev/rob0 rob0 at gmx.co.uk
Sat Sep 16 22:39:18 EEST 2006

On Saturday 16 September 2006 08:56, Dag Wieers wrote:
> I know that postfix 2.3 can use dovecot directly for sasl
> authentication, and that would be a neat solution, but we're stuck
> with postfix 2.2.

You, of all people, stuck?!?! How could that be?

I used several of your RPMs (thanks!) to improve a RHEL4 machine. You
didn't have a Postfix 2.3 RPM, but I got the SRPM from Simon Mudd.
There was simply no way I would accept an artificial limit on software
versions, doing things the hard way, when Wietse and Timo have already
solved those problems.

Postfix 2.3 on RHEL4 is working nicely with Dovecot SASL.