[Dovecot] Nuby experiences

John Peacock jpeacock at rowman.com
Sun Sep 17 22:47:30 EEST 2006

Victor Rini wrote:
> My clients balk at the ssl certificate that was created at install time.
> I see a little bit of documentation on SSL. I'll struggle with it.

If you can get your clients to accept the SSL certificate forever, then they
won't see the "scary" warning ever again.  Alternatively, if you have the client
passwords in plaintext, you can use CRAM-MD5 authentication without using SSL.

> I'm going to look at more client setups like evolution and a webmail
> client. Can anyone recommend a good ajax-driven webmail client?

Check out RoundCube Webmail:

	http://www.roundcube.net/

which is a very nice (but somewhat preliminary) web client.  The next release of
Zimbra:

	http://www.zimbra.com/

is supposed to include support for any IMAP server (currently, it uses its own
mail database).  However, Zimbra is a considerably fatter install than
RoundCube, as it requires installing their whole package (which includes their
own tuned versions of MySQL, etc) in place of your normal distro packages.  YMMV...

John

--
John Peacock
Rowman & Littlefield Publishing Group