[Dovecot] Running just part of dovecot

Marshal Newrock marshal at idealso.com
Mon Sep 18 17:03:26 EEST 2006

On Mon, 18 Sep 2006 18:36:55 +1000
Joshua Goodall <joshua at roughtrade.net> wrote:

> I recall Dovecot 1.0b7 spat the dummy when we tried to run it without
> pop3/imap services, for SMTP auth.  I was a bit bogged down at the
> time, so we just configured it to run pop3, but listen on localhost
> only.
>
> i.e. in dovecot.conf:
>
> protocols = pop3
> protocol pop3 {
> 	listen = 127.0.0.1:110
> }
>
> Might be worth revisiting so we can do protocols = none.

I tried with "protocols =" and it turned on the default protocols.
I'll be using the same solution you came up with.  I can live with this,
but I'll try to remember to make this a feature request when Timo is
less busy and able to return here.

--
Marshal Newrock
Ideal Solution, LLC - http://www.idealso.com