[Dovecot] Default subscriptions

Vegard Svanberg vegard at svanberg.no
Mon Sep 18 19:03:20 EEST 2006

* Christian Schmidt <christian at siebenbergen.de> [2006-09-18 17:00]:

> > Is it possible to force a subscription to an IMAP folder? So that a user
> > by default is subscribed to folder <foo> and cannot unsubscribe.
>
> Make sure that the corresponding mailbox is mentioned in your users'
> ~/.subscriptions file.
> But take care that you don't kill their own subscriptions.

I'm aware of .subscriptions, but the user could just unsubscribe. That
could be acceptable, in theory, but you always have a certain percentage
of users pushing buttons they don't should and complain later. I could
of course write a cron-something to take care of it, but I'd prefer to
let dovecot handle it, if possible. Some sort of "required
subscriptions"-feature, like INBOX.

--
Vegard Svanberg <vegard at svanberg.no> [*Takapa at IRC (EFnet)]