[Dovecot] Corrupted Transaction Log caused by deliver

Alex Pimperton alex at erus.co.uk
Wed Sep 20 10:55:24 EEST 2006

Hi All,

I've just upgraded to Dovecot 1.0.rc7-1 with Postfix 2.3 on Debian Etch
and it's trashing  my email. I get lots of the errors below as well as
other strange ones in my logs.

I don't use NFS. Mail comes in via Postfix, gets passed through
MailScanner, gets passed back to Postfix and then Postfix passes it to
Dovecot's LDA via:

mailbox_command = /usr/lib/dovecot/deliver

Deliver then chokes and get's a little upset.

Is there anyway to wipe out all the indexes/uidlists etc and just have
Dovecot regenerate them all with a clean slate?

Has anybody seen this with dovecot LDA before?

Any hints about troubleshooting it?

Is the best plan just to copy my imap mail out, nuke the folders and
then copy the mail back in again?

Regards,

Alex

Errors:

Sep 20 08:43:41 server01 deliver(alex): Corrupted transaction log file
/home/alex/mail/dovecot.index.log: Append with UID 1, but next_uid = 94
Sep 20 08:43:43 server01 deliver(alex): sieve runtime error: Fileinto:
Generic Error
Sep 20 08:43:43 server01 deliver(alex): Unexpected transaction log
desync with index /home/alex/mail/dovecot.index