[Dovecot] FreeBSD 6.1-RELEASE/kqueue high CPU load

Dominic Marks dom at goodforbusiness.co.uk
Wed Sep 20 12:45:05 EEST 2006

>>>  44146 imap     0.005793 RET   kevent 1

I think what LI Xin was looking at is the return value of kevent(2)
here. EPERM is the 1 in the last column.

> Sorry, EPERM? Where do you see that? What does it mean.

 From man intro(2):

  1 EPERM Operation not permitted.  An attempt was made to perform
    an operation limited to processes with appropriate privileges
    or to the owner of a file or other resources.

Looking at man kevent(2) there are a selection of errors that can be
returned from this system call but EPERM isn't one of them.

--
Dominic