[Dovecot] Big sites using Dovecot

John Peacock jpeacock at rowman.com
Fri Sep 22 15:57:47 EEST 2006

Charles Marcus wrote:
> Add ASSP in front of Postfix, and you'd reduce the load on Postfix
> dramatically...
>
> http://assp.sourceforge.net/

In the spirit of TMTOWTDI, you can also run instances of Qpsmtpd[1]:

	http://smptd.develooper.com

in front of your actual SMTP server and reject as much as possible
during the initial SMTP transaction.  All of the perl.[com|org] domains
as well as all apache.org mail goes through Qpsmtpd.  You have multiple
run methods: forking, tcpserver, pre-fork (still beta), or even running
under Apache.  And it's written in Perl with a robust plugin
architecture, so you can tailor your architecture to an alarming amount.

John

1. I'm one of the developers of Qpsmtpd, and I authorize this message ;-)

--
John Peacock
Rowman & Littlefield Publishing Group