[Dovecot] DSpam mysql-plugin (was DSpam plugin)

Timothy White dovecot.user at weirdo.bur.st
Sun Sep 24 02:27:33 EEST 2006

On 9/21/06, Johannes Berg <johannes at sipsolutions.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-09-20 at 15:40 -0400, Michael Blinn wrote:
> > After wrestling with Johannes's original plugin, I had a go at the mysql
> > plugin that Tim wrote, as described here:
> > http://members.plug.org.au/~linuxalien/dokuwiki/projects:dovecot-mysql-dspam-plugin
> >
> > I kept getting "Error: imap dump-capability process killed with signal
> > 11" when attempting to start dovecot with this plugin.
>
> That's odd. Probably a programming error in the plugin?

I'll have a look at it soon. I assume the capability function is
trying to find out if the plugin gives imap any more capabilities?

<snip>
> > Now, voila. Dovecot starts without complaint, the plugin works, the
> > delivery and moving of email works.
>
> Remember that with the mysql based dspam plugin you need a cron job to
> actually do the retraining, he's written that in PHP. And it looks like
> he's using the 'uid in signature' setting.

The plan /is/ to write the retrain script in C, and link it into
libdspam. If anyone gets a chance to do that, please let me know, it
would be MUCH appreciated.

I do plan to continue work on the plugin, I just need to find the time
with my new job.

Tim
--
Linux Counter user #273956