[Dovecot] Dovecot Usage Poll Results

Jackie Hunt jackie at yuma.acns.colostate.edu
Mon Sep 25 23:12:19 EEST 2006

Hi all,

Thanks for the responses to my request for information on your
usage of Dovecot.  I received 31 mail messages, and here's
how the data stacks up:

Types of Sites using Dovecot

   Commercial: 16
   Educational: 9
   Private:     4
   NonProfit:   1
   Government:  1

Numbers of users supported with Dovecot ranged
from 4 to 150,000.  Here's a profile of how many
sites support the given ranges of users:

   1-10 Users:        7
   11-99 Users:       4
   100-1000 Users:    7
   1000-10,000 Users: 7
   > 10,000 Users:    6

The longest reported usage of Dovecot in production
was 2.5 years.  Here's the profile of the number
of sites running Dovecot for various ranges of time:

   1 month or less:       5
   > 1 month to 6 months: 9
   > 6 mos to 1 year:     8
   > 1 year:              9

Only one site is currently using Dovecot's LDA, but 10
sites expressed interest in running it in the future.

Again, thanks much for the info!

Jackie
---
Jackie Hunt
ACNS                                    Voice:  (970) 663-3789
Colorado State University               FAX:    (970) 491-1958
Fort Collins, CO  80523                 Email:  jackie.hunt at colostate.edu