[Dovecot] Preforming an action/trigger after a user successfully authenticates

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Sep 26 01:55:32 EEST 2006

On 26.9.2006, at 0.07, Dan Trainor wrote:

>>> ...which is kindof the way I want this to work.  However, I need
>>> to pass that one piece of identifiable data, i.e. a
>>> user at domain.tld variable, in order to play with SQL some more.
>>>
>>> With that being said, anyone know how that might be posssible?
>> It's in $USER environment.
>
> Hi, Timo -
>
> Thanks again for the info.
>
> Do you know where I might be able to find a list of variables which
> are available to me in this manner?  Is this Dovecot-specific
> stuff, or is it shell-specific variables?  I'm a bit confused as to
> where to draw the line.

Dovecot creates all the environment variables that the shell sees.
Dovecot master process passes all the configuration and the user-
specific data in environment variables to the mail processes. Easiest
way to get a list of what is available is to just add to the mail
executable script:

set > /tmp/dovecot.envs