[Dovecot] Big sites using Dovecot

Tue Sep 26 20:23:42 EEST 2006

Matt wrote:
>> In general, I agree - but once you've seen ASSP in action, you'll never
>> look back.
>
> Does ASSP support vhosted mailboxs? Can I allow each user to configure their
> own white/black lists like spam assassin allows?

ASSP is an anti-spam PROXY... it will block most spam at the connection
stage, long before any filtering needs to be done, but it only has one
'user specific' setting that you can set: individual users can be
configured to receive all mail.

I have found it to be so effective that nothing is needed behind it. The
lone spam that slips through from time to time is easily dealt with with
the delete button, and I haven't had a (known/discoverable) false
positive - well, since the first few weeks of training (over a year)...

You can also set it to forward all blocked messages to an address, 'just
in case'...

In case you haven't already, you can read more about how it works here:

http://assp.sourceforge.net/

If you really want/need user-specific settings/quarantine, then you
could use DSPAM or SpamAssassin AFTER ASSP. Putting ASSP in front of
everything simply drastically reduces the load that your real servers
have to bear.

--

Best regards,

Charles