[Dovecot] testing LDAP connections

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Apr 2 17:41:18 EEST 2007

On Mon, 2007-04-02 at 14:48 +0100, Hugo Monteiro wrote:
>     So my question is, is there any way to make dovecot re-open a new
> connection if there is a timeout while trying to use a connection
> already opened? I believe that this could be of great benefit for those
> who don't have their servers on the same physical network.

So, as discussed in IRC for now there's this patch:
http://dovecot.org/patches/ldap-timeout.diff

I'm not sure if for v1.1 I should add that with the timeout configurable
in dovecot-ldap.conf (and same for SQL), or do something else such as
sending some dummy request to the LDAP server. Or alternative to a
"check once a second timeout" would be to check it only when the next
request arrives, and then do the reconnection. That'll of course slow
down that authentication a bit.