[Dovecot] dovecot forward multipart problem

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Apr 3 06:59:41 EEST 2007

On Mon, 2007-04-02 at 22:01 +0200, Samuel HAMEAU wrote:
> >> I experience problems everytime i forward a mail (basically, when
> >> forwarding an email containing an attachement)
..
> Here is as attachement a diff of two maildir files : the one in the sent
> folder, and the one received in an external domain.

I didn't really understand where you're forwarding the mail to. Is
Dovecot also running there?

> < From original_sender_of_forwarded_mail at domain.com  Mon Mar 19 19:57:35 2007
> > >From original_sender_of_forwarded_mail at domain.com  Mon Mar 19 19:57:35 2007

The extra '>' is added if the other server stores mails in mbox format
and the mail isn't saved with Dovecot LDA. Dovecot currently doesn't
remove the '>' from ">From " lines. Perhaps in future it should.

But are you even running Dovecot in the remote server? Is this a Dovecot
problem at all?