[Dovecot] changing fs separator for maildir (suggestions?)

Justin McAleer justin at fehuq.com
Thu Apr 5 19:43:12 EEST 2007

Since we're migrating from an existing system that allows periods in
folder names, I believe we must continue to allow them. So, I am
deciding what to use as the separator instead. Right now, I'm leaning
towards the backtick (`), since I don't think I have ever used it unless
I was trying to execute an external command in some code. So, can
anybody think of reasons not to use it, or have a better idea?