[Dovecot] Problems using GFS2 and clustered dovecot

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Apr 6 10:37:21 EEST 2007

On 5.4.2007, at 11.58, David Craigon wrote:

> I am trying to use dovecot. I've got a GFS2 shared volume on two
> servers
> with dovecot running on both. On one server at a time, it works.

I guess GFS2 has some caching problems then..

> end_offset (284) > current sync_offset (104) Apr  4 16:55:49
> mailstore-b
> dovecot:

This means that dovecot.index file said that transaction log is
synced up to offset 284, but when Dovecot was trying read the
dovecot.index.log file, it found data only up to offset 104. So
either GFS2 said that the file ended at offset 104, or it decided to
return old data from cache. I guess it's the latter, because the log
file reads are done without locking.

Probably the easiest way is to just put the index files into local disk.