[Dovecot] Connection refused with auth-master after upgrading to Dovecot 1.0 rc 28

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Apr 10 17:45:42 EEST 2007

On Mon, 2007-04-09 at 08:45 -0600, Jason Warner wrote:

> > > When I delete the file and restart Dovecot it is recreated.
> >
> > Does this then happen every time when running deliver? Does netstat
> > show that dovecot-auth is listening in that path?
>
> When running deliver from the command line, I do not get the error. The
> error only appears when deliver is run from Postfix.

And you gave deliver -d parameter when running from command line? If it
works from there but not from Postfix, then the problem has something to
do with how deliver is started. Did you try running as the same user as
what Postfix runs it with?

> Netstat shows the following when running.
>
> unix  2      [ ACC ]     STREAM     LISTENING     255526 private/dovecot
> unix  2      [ ACC ]     STREAM     LISTENING     1176428
> /var/run/dovecot/auth-master

So it should be accepting connections.

> It appears that the auth-master is running. How would I check to make sure
> that it is listening and responding properly to requests?

There really isn't any other way than to run deliver. auth_debug=yes
will also log something whenever deliver is run and dovecot-auth sees
something.