[Dovecot] 1.0.rc32 released

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Apr 12 21:19:55 EEST 2007

On Thu, 2007-04-12 at 18:58 +0100, Chris Wakelin wrote:
> Well, it builds OK for me on Solaris 8 32-bit SPARC with OpenLDAP 2.3,
> with less complaints from gcc (3.3.2), just:-
>
> mail-index.c: In function `mail_index_parse_extensions':
> mail-index.c:343: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned
> mail-index.c: In function `mail_index_map_clone':
> mail-index.c:1294: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned
> idxview.c: In function `dump_hdr':
> idxview.c:89: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned
> idxview.c: In function `dump_cache_hdr':
> idxview.c:179: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned
> idxview.c:194: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned
> idxview.c: In function `dump_cache':
> idxview.c:243: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned
> idxview.c: In function `dump_record':
> idxview.c:345: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned

These should all go away with a newer gcc.

> whereas before I had:-
> db-ldap.c: In function `db_ldap_search':
> db-ldap.c:201: warning: implicit declaration of function `ldap_search'

The LDAP_DEPRECATED define should have fixed these. Maybe your ldap.h
doesn't have the deprecated functions at all for some reason? Or did I
somehow mess up applying the deprecated-patch. :)

I'd anyway try fixing these warnings before trying to run the code. I
guess they should work with 32bit systems without crashing, but I
wouldn't bet on it.