[Dovecot] Duplicate E-mail Problem

Stewart Dean sdean at bard.edu
Fri Apr 13 17:29:14 EEST 2007

When this happens with sendmail, it can be that the queue handler
doesn't finish before a new queue handler is kicked off, so each
successive queue handler/runner ends up sending the same mail.
Background: sendmail, and perhaps postfix, is configured to a) toss
stuff it can't handle right away into the queue and then, every so often
(interval to be set by admin), it burps the queue.  If the interval is
too short, the previous queue handler/runner doesn't complete before a
new one is invoked and gets it list of things to mail...with the same
email on both queue handler/runners incarnations to do list...........

--
====
Stewart Dean, Unix System Admin, Henderson Computer Resources