[Dovecot] upgrading from 1.0 to 1.1

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Apr 13 18:16:41 EEST 2007

On Fri, 2007-04-13 at 17:08 +0200, Daniel wrote:

> I've been using 1.0 cvs always. Now that 1.0 is final, I would like
> continue testing the future dovecot, and thought I'd ask if there is
> anything I must be aware of, if I'm trying to upgrade to 1.1 cvs.

For now if you're using Maildir, you probably have to set
mailbox_list_index_disable=yes. Otherwise there's really nothing to do.
I've been going back and forth with 1.0 <-> 1.1 for a long time in my
test maildirs.

I'm planning on keeping the index files compatible for v1.1 version. For
v2.0 I'll then change them to use less space.