[Dovecot] LDA problem

Azher Amin azher at niit.edu.pk
Sat Apr 14 18:44:58 EEST 2007

Hi,

I am using dovecot deliver as lda for sendmail. My problem is that when
a user account is over quota, deliver program sends message in the logs,
but the message is not bounced back to sender informing that their is
disk quota problem at the recipient side. Further message remains in the
mail queue. Details are below. Plz suggest how to figure out the problems:

1. Message should be removed from queue if quota is exceeded
2. Sender should get a proper response.

Regards
-Azher

Apr 14 11:31:41 wm sm-mta[22712]: l3EFVKQY022711:
to=<azher at wm.niit.edu.pk>, delay=00:00:00, xdelay=00:00:00,
mailer=local, pri=130864, dsn=4.0.0, stat=Deferred: local mailer
(/usr/dovecot/libexec/dovecot/deliver) exited with EX_TEMPFAIL
--------
wm:/etc/mail# mailq
MSP Queue status...
/var/spool/mqueue-client is empty
                Total requests: 0
MTA Queue status...
                /var/spool/mqueue (1 request)
-----Q-ID----- --Size-- -----Q-Time-----
------------Sender/Recipient-----------
l3EFVKQY022711    99722 Sat Apr 14 20:31 <azher at niit.edu.pk>
                 (Deferred: local mailer
(/usr/dovecot/libexec/dovecot/deliver)
                                         <azher at wm.niit.edu.pk>
                Total requests: 1

-----------------------------
Sendmail.mc
=========
LOCAL_CONFIG
FEATURE(`masquerade_envelope')dnl
FEATURE(`allmasquerade')dnl
FEATURE(`always_add_domain')dnl

LOCAL_CONFIG
FEATURE(`use_cw_file')dnl
FEATURE(`use_ct_file')dnl
FEATURE(`nouucp', `reject')dnl
FEATURE(`bestmx_is_local')dnl
FEATURE(`mailertable')dnl
FEATURE(`smrsh')dnl
FEATURE(`local_procmail',
`/usr/dovecot/libexec/dovecot/deliver',`deliver -d $u')
dnl # FEATURE(local_procmail)

MAILER_DEFINITIONS
MAILER(local)dnl
MAILER(smtp)dnl