[Dovecot] PAM on AIX - resolved

Stewart Dean sdean at bard.edu
Tue Apr 17 18:43:08 EEST 2007

I previously asked about this problem with pam on IBM's AIX Unix
> I get the errmsg:
> auth|security:err|error dovecot-auth PAM:  load_modules: can not open
> module /usr/lib/security/pam_prohibit
FWIW, it turned out that the default PAM libraries are 32 bit, while I
had compiled DC at 64bit.
The /etc/pam.conf lines come standard like this:
telnet   auth   required   /usr/lib/security/pam_aix
To get 64 bit, you can either change the line like this:
    dovecot   auth   required   /usr/lib/security/64/pam_aix
OR, you can let PAM figure which bit-width library to use
    dovecot   auth   required   pam_aix
Needless to say, it would have been better if the IBM default was the second

--
====
Stewart Dean, Unix System Admin, Henderson Computer Resources