[Dovecot] v1.1 plans - sieve?

Joakim Ryden jo at systemadministrator.org
Wed Apr 18 11:19:10 EEST 2007

On Wed, 18 Apr 2007 10:04:09 +0200 bencer at cauterized.net wrote:

JSS> On Wednesday 18 April 2007 00:13, Timo Sirainen wrote:
JSS> > I don't think so. I want to distribute it with Sieve plugin, and
JSS> > that pretty much requires changes that come only in v2.0.
JSS>
JSS> so what's the suggested setup for server-side mail filtering right
JSS> now ?

Either use the Dovecot patch from here:

http://sinas.rename-it.nl/~sirius/

or run the pysieved managesieve server from here:

http://woozle.org/~neale/repos/pysieved/

We use the latter with great success. No patch to maintain and it's
written in Python so you can make it do whatever you want pretty much
with just a little scripting knowledge (not a requirement).

--Jo