[Dovecot] message-of-the-day feature?

Justin McAleer justin at fehuq.com
Thu Apr 19 21:38:18 EEST 2007

Steven F Siirila wrote:

> That's worth noting, but...
>
> What about getting notices out to those folks whose IMAP client stays
> connected (sometimes for days on end)?

In a plugin, what would trigger a check for new messages? I haven't
explored the plugin capabilities yet, so I don't know what the potential
is. I fear checking after every imap command may be a worse problem than
some users not getting the messages. That does make me wonder if dovecot
processes should have a maximum life setting though...

Also, is there a document for the plugin API somewhere? As in how to
write your own... I haven't found such a thing in the wiki, just the
existing plugins themselves.