[Dovecot] [courier-dovecot-migrate.pl] - No such file or directory at courier-dovecot-migrate.pl line 230

Brian Morrison bdm at fenrir.org.uk
Mon Apr 23 22:35:35 EEST 2007

On Mon, 23 Apr 2007 15:25:57 -0400
Charles Marcus <CMarcus at Media-Brokers.com> wrote:

> > If you have a policy of this nature, then it is incumbent upon you to
> > post via an address that doesn't add it. It's clearly obvious that the
> > disclaimer is meaningless lawyer-speak in the context of a mailing
> > list post.
> >
> > The OP should arrange to use another mail posting route such as a
> > webmail address, this sort of thing is poor manners and should be
> > resisted before this crap buries the usefulness of mail in pointless
> > drivel.
>
> While I agree with the sentiment, I'm not sure how practical it is...

If I see this sort of thing after I've told someone they should not be
doing it, they go in the kill file. That's then one more person who
won't be helped, and others who won't see useful suggestions if I have
them, I only have so much time to help and doing so for someone who
can't see the clash between their disclaimer and where they're posting
is time I don't have at all.

> Kind of like complaining about top-posting or HTML email... it's there,
> and it isn't going anywhere. When you let it bother you - it only
> bothers *you*...

Easy, to posters and html-only mail goes straight in the bin.....

And if you think I'm a net-Nazi, I can introduce you to people who can
peel the paint off a tank at 100 yards just by opening their mouths to
rant :)

--

Brian Morrison

bdm at fenrir dot org dot uk

   "Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud;
    after a while you realize you are muddy and the pig is enjoying it."

GnuPG key ID DE32E5C5 - http://wwwkeys.uk.pgp.net/pgpnet/wwwkeys.html