[Dovecot] SASL Problems

Phillip T. George Phillip at StellarDreams.com
Mon Apr 23 22:58:45 EEST 2007

Hello all,

I seem to be having a problem with SASL.  It doesn't seem to work with
Outlook.  Upon searching a bit, I found that I need to enable "login"
for auth mechanisms.  However, when I do that, (after I stop and start
dovecot and postfix), and then try to use SMTP auth using Outlook, it
causes postfix to crash.  It works fine with Thunderbird still though.
Any ideas as to what the cause might be?

I'm using Dovecot 1.0.0 and Postfix 2.3.5.

Thanks,
Phillip