[Dovecot] sendmail + dovecot + vpopmail + virtual users, problem with pop3 uidl

Oliver Schulze L. oliver at samera.com.py
Fri Apr 27 00:04:32 EEST 2007

Hi,
I just migrated a server running qmail+vpopmail+maildir to
sendmail+dovecot+maildir+vpopmail
The migrating is working great thanks to the help from the list and the
wiki.

I'm now running the infamous problem about duplicating emails, because
of pop3 UIDL mismatch.

My question is: anyone knows that the pop3_uidl_format string for
a vpopmail server?

I'm using vpopmail auth and userdb.

I noted that when manually issuing a list command to the vpopmail
pop3 server, it uses a number that is in the filename for identifying
the email.

For example if the filename uses: .....,S=1234,...
Then the UID is 1234, and 1234 appears in the list command.

Many thanks
Oliver

--
Oliver Schulze L.   | Get my e-mail after a captcha in:
Asuncion - Paraguay | http://tinymailto.com/oliver