[Dovecot] dovecot + ldap + quota

Venilton Junior venilton.junior at sercompe.com.br
Fri Apr 27 22:53:16 EEST 2007

I had some problems to implement this and here follows my config file to help you.

I've configured quota information in my ldap server, but in my config file I kept local quota configuration (commented):

/etc/dovecot.conf

protocols = imap imaps pop3 pop3s
ssl_disable = no
ssl_cert_file = /usr/share/ssl/certs/cert.pem
ssl_key_file = /usr/share/ssl/private/key.pem
mail_extra_groups = mail
valid_chroot_dirs = ~vmail/domains
default_mail_env = maildir:~vmail/domains/%d/%n/mail::INDEX=/var/indexes/%d/%n
lock_method = dotlock
mmap_disable = yes
auth_debug = yes
auth_debug_passwords = yes
first_valid_uid = 100
last_valid_uid = 100
first_valid_gid = 101
last_valid_gid = 101
maildir_copy_with_hardlinks = no
disable_plaintext_auth = no
protocol imap {
        mail_plugins = quota imap_quota
}
protocol lda {
        mail_plugins = quota
}
protocol pop3 {
        pop3_uidl_format = %08Xu%08Xv
        mail_plugins = quota
}
auth default_with_listener {
        mechanisms = plain login
        userdb ldap {
                args = /etc/dovecot-ldap.conf
        }
        passdb ldap {
                args = /etc/dovecot-ldap.conf
        }
        socket listen {
                master {
                        path = /var/run/dovecot/auth-master
                        mode = 0660
                        user = vmail
                        group = mail
                }
        }
}
plugin {
#        quota = maildir:/home/vmail/%d/%u/mail:storage=102400
        convert_mail = maildir:/home/vmail/%d/%u/mail
#quota = maildir:storage=102400
        quota = maildir
}

Hope this helps you. And an advise, use the latest stable release :) http://www.dovecot.org/download.html not the release candidate.