[Dovecot] dovecot sendmail mysql no inbox error

Sun Apr 29 15:26:04 EEST 2007

>>> finally i was able to determine the root cause of the problem, it
>>> was due to the user corrupted mbox, the solution was to delete
>>> the 1st two lines of the /var/mail/username file, restarted
>>> dovecot and whoala, i can now telnet successfully.

>> This is a well-known bug in the 0.99 series...
>>
>> It is still highly recommended that you upgrade to 1.0.0 if
>> possible...

> yes, partly true,

What 'part'? Both statements I made are true. This *is* a well known bug
in the 0.99 series, and you *should* upgrade to 1.0.0 if possible.

> but i think no matter what imap/pop server you use as long as it is
> in mbox, it will get corrupted.

I'm not a fan of mbox, but I hardly think that this is a true statement
in general, but I guess I could be wrong.

All I know is, when we were using 0.99, it happened a *lot*... meaning,
at least once every other day I had to fix an mbox for someone...

--

Best regards,

Charles