[Dovecot] MANAGESIEVE patch v5 for dovecot 1.0.2

Stephan Bosch stephan at rename-it.nl
Wed Aug 1 17:45:52 EEST 2007

On Wed, 2007-08-01 at 15:27 +0200, Andreas Ntaflos wrote:
> On Tuesday 31 July 2007 01:41:11 Stephan Bosch wrote:
> > Have fun testing the patch. Notify me when there are problems.
>
> Hello Stephan,
>
> I still get the following message when trying to connect and authenticate:
>
> Choose a different authentication method to PLAIN.
>
> The same with LOGIN when I tell Dovecot to use the login authentication
> method. The logs show:
>
> Aug  1 15:25:52 hostname dovecot: managesieve-login: Login: user=<username>,
> method=PLAIN, rip=aa.bb.cc.dd, lip=ww.xx.yy.zz, TLS
> Aug  1 15:25:52 hostname dovecot: MANAGESIEVE(username): Disconnected: Logged
> out
>
> I am using real Unix users and Dovecot is configured with authdb pam and
> userdb passwd. I previously described the problem in [1].
>
> Does your patch not support PLAIN or LOGIN or am I missing something?
Could you give me some more information, i.e. your config, what client
you test with and (if possible) a log of the connection. This way I can
reproduce the situation. The managesieve patch should support all SASL
mechanisms supported by dovecot. In fact, I only test using PLAIN.

Most likely the problem relates to the fact that, unless configured
otherwise, dovecot will refuse to use plain text SASL mechanisms if the
connection is not encrypted. I haven't re-tested the STARTTLS command in
the last versions... I will give it a go.

Regards,

Stephan